The Infertility Cure

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 scout

scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:Hiking, canoeing, SCUBA, family, reading, skiing, wine, food & nutrition, travel.

Posted 28 July 2007 - 06:38 PM

Hi,

Is there anyone out there who has tried the steps recommended in the book called The Infertility Cure? This doctor recommends acupuncture, changes to diet, herbs etc to improve your overall health & get your ovaries to produce healthy, fertile eggs.  The book is well written & I was hoping there might be others out there who have tried this method in conjunction with Western medicine.

Thanks.

Scout
Symptoms @ age 34 when I went off BCPs.
Married Jan 2007.  Dx EM/POF in April 2007 while TTC.
DE/IVF July 1/08 - now Mom to 2 yr old.

#2 Bettifinn

Bettifinn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Interests:Diagnosed November of 2000.

Posted 01 August 2007 - 02:25 PM

Hey! I took a year-long training in Shiatsu (a Japanese form of bodywork) and learned a lot of TCM stuff. I had her book and the more I learned, the more I kinda went, ok, makes sense. I think it is best to work one-on-one with someone who knows you specific situation, but a lot of her advice seemed good. I really, really dislike the title

#3 scout

scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:Hiking, canoeing, SCUBA, family, reading, skiing, wine, food & nutrition, travel.

Posted 03 August 2007 - 04:38 PM

Bettifinn,

Thx so much for your reply.  I guess at the point I'm at, if I want to have a family, I should leave no stone unturned, right?  I worry about the false promise, but what the heck -- maybe this will help.  If nothing else, maybe I'll be able to work toward the sense of peace you spoke of.  

I agree with you about the title, but I imagine it sells more books that way.

Thanks again.

Scout
Symptoms @ age 34 when I went off BCPs.
Married Jan 2007.  Dx EM/POF in April 2007 while TTC.
DE/IVF July 1/08 - now Mom to 2 yr old.

#4 skegeesmb

skegeesmb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 01:49 PM

I've given up on hoping for a miracle with TCM.  I go once a week, and I have no more menopausal symptoms, but I still don't have regular periods, and I'll have a normal cycle and then I'll go 3 or 4 months without getting one, and then the cycle starts again.
Stacey
Dx: POF December 15, 2006
11/06 FSH: 40's
12/16/06 FSH: 40's again
09/09/2007 FSH: 25
No children
Married almost 4 years
On Metformin to control my insulin resistance

#5 maurab9

maurab9

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:My family, movies, cooking, antiquing, gardening (flowers), yoga, astrology, tarot, celeb gossip (just for fun!)

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:27 AM

Hi Scout,

Yes I followed some of her suggestions and had my own little miracle!  I was incredibly lucky.  I followed both her suggestions for EM and over 35 moms.  I did acupuncture & herbs.  The only thing was her dietary suggestions were too restrictive and I didn't need to lose weight and I was starting to so I had to modify her suggestions. I wish you the best of luck -- my attitude was like yours -- why leave any stone unturned?  

Take care,
Maura
Now 40, symptoms started at 37
Beloved DH; beloved bio son born before POF symptoms
FSH levels in 50's -60's, estrogen at zero, missed about 4 cycles
Pursued TCM herbs & acupuncture, ovulated twice
Fell pg sweet miracle boy born 07/07, he's here & he's healthy!