• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Avigayil

Avigayil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 02:55 PM

Okay POF from age 18 (after nothing).  Started on Birth control -- bless his heart, it was a long time ago.  Anyway.  Was on Estratest (highly recommend the testosterone) for many years until went out of the country (testosterone being a controlled substance) -- then Ogen  -- lots of different things.  
Oh.  Also autoimmune for thyroid.  So anyway, two years ago started Oestrogel one dosage with Ultragestan taken intravaginally (also highly recommended -- didn't get all of those awful Provera side-effects).  In May filled in the pieces and started taking Androgel 50mg a week.  Great.  Everything cool.  Suddenly about a month ago I started getting break-through bleeding only 10 days after my last period.  Stopped testestosterone and bumped up the thyroid.  Stopped bleeding for about a week, then again.  This time I resigned myself to the full story.  But it wasn't.  Now again I had break-through bleeding.  And what is worse, hot flashes, which I had thought I had left behind some years ago.  Could it be that Oestrogel isn't doing the trick?  I switched places of application, but I'm still getting some hot flashes.  
Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

#2 Colie

Colie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 09:31 PM

Hi there Avigayil,

I guess I don't know; I am pretty new to this.  Can you go back to your dr and find out?  I am wondering, Androgel; how is that? I was given this for a testostrone replacement.  It comes in the pump right?  Can I ask you how many "pea size" drops you place on your body and where? I was told the back of my calf and just 1 pea size drop 1 x a day in the evening.  nothing cookin yet if you know what I mean; but do you know how long it takes to take? I hope you do not think I am being selfish w/ asking you all these questions and not being able to help your situation.  You are the first person that I have noticed is on this Androgel stuff; would you say 2 thumbs up?

I wish you like in correcting your hormone regiment; I am sure it's frustrating and will most likely bump into it myself!

Take Care
Colie
33  finally got the "early dx"  - although I had a MAJOR hint myself since I know my body!!!  My Current Cocktail of meds:  Vivel dot 1 milligram   prometrium 100 mg for 12 days - vaginally;  Testostrone Capsule 1 milligram compounded