Started HRT...feeling blah

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mchelle

Mchelle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Interests:photography, outdoors (fishing, camping, 4-wheeling, etc), writing, movies, crafty things and hanging out with my husband.

Mom to 2 beautiful twin girls born via DE IVF in December 2010.

Posted 13 February 2008 - 08:18 PM

I'm sorry to feel like a bother...I know I'm here a lot but still working things out.  I started HRT a couple weeks ago (Premarin 125 mg).  I felt okay on it at first and didn't really seem to have side effects.  But lately I've been feeling sick to my stomach a bit and sometimes dizzy.  Is this normal?  I didn't have symptoms before (hot flashes, etc) so I don't feel this is an improvement.  What was your experience like in starting HRT??
* diagnosed with POF/POI: Nov 2007
* mom to twin girls born via DE IVF in December 2010 (first try...thank goodness)
* hypothyroid due to Graves (hyperthyroid) treated in 2005 with RAI
* taking BCPs (LoSeasonique) for HRT
* went to NIH study in July 08--no known cause

#2 bonojjb

bonojjb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 05:46 PM

A week after my surgery, I went on Premarin 1.25.  I felt a smidge better the next day and day after, etc.  My doc said I needed time for my estrogen to build back up.  My primary side effects were hot flashes, night sweats, and weepiness, and they disappeared in about a week.

BUT, a few months ago, I started having the same thing as you...sick stomach, dizzy, headachy.  My doc gave me samples of Premarin .625 and had me alternate the .625 and 1.25's each day.  He said my symptoms were possible side effects of too much estrogen.  

I'd defintely talk to your doc, they might suggest tweaking your dose or brand of HRT

Jill
-Age 29
-Taking 1.25mg Premarin for surgical meno, brought on a full hyst at age 28.  Long history of POF and cancer scares, I'm glad that chapter is over.
-Married 7 years
-One furbaby, a wheaten terrier puppymill release.  :)

#3 Mchelle

Mchelle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Interests:photography, outdoors (fishing, camping, 4-wheeling, etc), writing, movies, crafty things and hanging out with my husband.

Mom to 2 beautiful twin girls born via DE IVF in December 2010.

Posted 16 February 2008 - 09:44 PM

Thanks Jill...that's probably what is going on.  I think I'm gonna try patches and see if that helps :) appreciate the response

MChelle
* diagnosed with POF/POI: Nov 2007
* mom to twin girls born via DE IVF in December 2010 (first try...thank goodness)
* hypothyroid due to Graves (hyperthyroid) treated in 2005 with RAI
* taking BCPs (LoSeasonique) for HRT
* went to NIH study in July 08--no known cause