5 replies to this topic

#1 Colie

Colie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 01:11 AM

Hi there,
I did for the second time in my life - 12 days of prometrium 200 mg.  
I missed one pill on like the 3rd night accidently but continued.

I did not get any craps (the 1st cycle I did) and the bleeding was sooo light; like super light - panti liner - like only 1 per day for like 5 days! I was waiting for it to get going (like heavier and heavier) and nothing happend; now I have nothing.

Can someone fill me in; what does this mean? Last I had a vaginal ultrasound and my lining was like 8 mil; I also do not have any low estrogen symptoms.

Has anyone had this experience ever?  Thank you for your help!

Colie
33  finally got the "early dx"  - although I had a MAJOR hint myself since I know my body!!!  My Current Cocktail of meds:  Vivel dot 1 milligram   prometrium 100 mg for 12 days - vaginally;  Testostrone Capsule 1 milligram compounded

#2 su

su

• Moderators
  • 2,704 posts
  • Interests:Antiques(!), old vans, women's issues, reading, good food and wine.

Posted 25 March 2008 - 02:15 PM

Hi Colie,

I'm sorry that no-one has responded directly to your post. The biggest thing I've learnt thru all this is that absolutely anything can happen anytime, so I'm not even remotely surprised at your experience. It's very frustrating as we think a plus b equals c but usually it means something completely different! LOL!

The thing I did find was that when I eventually (after some years......sigh.) found a regime which suited me then everything did settle down and became more predictable. It sounds to me as if you have some unpredictability ahead before everything resolves.

As we say in France BON COURAGE!

Hugs,

Su

#3 CindyL

CindyL

• Admin
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 03:54 PM

Hi Colie,

You'll probably get some more responses if you post in the "General" forum rather than the Alternative Remedies forum.  

I'm on continuous progesterone so I don't bleed. Have you considered continuous Prometrium (100mg/night)?  Ideally, your lining will thin and you won't have bleeds.  It sounds like your bleeding is light anyway so this may work.  

I hope that all goes well.

Cindy

Now 49 + 2.   Diagnosed at 38, symptoms started at about 35.
Most likely caused by chemo from 20 years ago.  (Was in temporary POF for about 18 months during and after chemo.)
HRT: Vivelle dot 0.1mg/day , compounded progesterone 4% and Estring.  Married for 14 years, no human children, One Doggy-child, "Lucy"

#4 Colie

Colie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 07:28 PM

Thank you; I had no clue that I posted under Alternative Remedies; still trying to get use to the site!

thnks!
Colie
33  finally got the "early dx"  - although I had a MAJOR hint myself since I know my body!!!  My Current Cocktail of meds:  Vivel dot 1 milligram   prometrium 100 mg for 12 days - vaginally;  Testostrone Capsule 1 milligram compounded

#5 CindyL

CindyL

• Admin
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 05:32 AM

Colie,

no worries!  I just noticed that you'd posted this in a forum that, perhaps, not many people look at.  You can cut/paste your text then simply post with a new topic in the General Forum!!  (Here's link directly to that forum, in case you need it...

http://www.earlymenopause.com/boards/index....php?act=SF&f=1

Yup, I know that it LOOKS to be very complicated --- it isn't!  

Again, I hope that you do well on your new HRT regimin.  If your bleeding/non-bleeding pattern is a lot different than in the past, DO let your doctor (and/or her/his nurse) know, at least by phone.  

Wishing you the best!
Cindy

Now 49 + 2.   Diagnosed at 38, symptoms started at about 35.
Most likely caused by chemo from 20 years ago.  (Was in temporary POF for about 18 months during and after chemo.)
HRT: Vivelle dot 0.1mg/day , compounded progesterone 4% and Estring.  Married for 14 years, no human children, One Doggy-child, "Lucy"

#6 jonlevard

jonlevard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 04:40 AM

I have never experienced this problem and this is the first time I am hearing to this medicine.
[url="http://www.mymenopausecommunity.com/articles/menopause-symptoms/early-menopause-symptoms.html"][url]http://www.mymenopausecommunity.com/articl...e-symptoms.html[/url][/url]