• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 vickila

vickila

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 05:44 PM

We got the long-awaited letter this weekend, and so now we are officially on the waiting list.  Even though we can expect a couple of years before we get our child, it still feels like a big step forward.  

Vicki
DX EM/POF Jan 2005 at age 34, after years of irregular and missing periods.  On BC to give me a cycle between FETs.
together with DH 13 years, married 6.
pursuing DE to complete our family - first transfer 3/24/06 BFN
FET May 30 BFN
FET July 6 BFN
FET Sept 19 - positive, then a week later negative
FET Jan 16 2007 BFN
ready to go for the last pair of frosties, BUT lining isn't being cooperative - maybe in 2008
starting the adoption process too, if our dreams come true we'll have two babies in two different ways!

#2 Mchelle

Mchelle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Interests:photography, outdoors (fishing, camping, 4-wheeling, etc), writing, movies, crafty things and hanging out with my husband.

Mom to 2 beautiful twin girls born via DE IVF in December 2010.

Posted 08 June 2008 - 06:10 PM

Oh good!  That is good news Vicki.  I hope the process and wait goes quickly and smoothly :)
* diagnosed with POF/POI: Nov 2007
* mom to twin girls born via DE IVF in December 2010;  expecting a single in October 2014 from FET #2 with donor egg.
* hypothyroid due to Graves (hyperthyroid) treated in 2005 with RAI
* went to NIH study (no longer active study) in July 08--no known cause

#3 scout

scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:Hiking, canoeing, SCUBA, family, reading, skiing, wine, food & nutrition, travel.

Posted 10 June 2008 - 02:26 PM

That's super news, Vicki.  It is a small thing to be on the waiting list, but it is a big step forward in your effort to build your family.

I'm sorry the wait is so long.

Scout
Symptoms @ age 34 when I went off BCPs.
Married Jan 2007.  Dx EM/POF in April 2007 while TTC.
DE/IVF July 1/08 - now Mom to 2 yr old.

#4 ronnie32

ronnie32

• Moderators
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 05:35 PM

Yippee!

Did you pop open the champagne to mark this milestone?  I hope you indulged - whether it be champagne, a nice dinner, a night out or whatever you might fancy!

I'm really pleased for you - it's a great step and takes a lot of effort to get there.

Ronnie x
Diagnosed with POF just before turning 32.  Have used acupuncture and TCM.  I am taking various supplements including multi vitamin, calcium, zinc, flaxseed oil etc.  Following osteopenia diagnosis, started HRT on 10 March 05 - reluctantly.  I have a fab g/f & we have a lovely dog (lurcher) & a mischievous cat (tabby).  We have one son who keeps us on our toes.

#5 katepolly1

katepolly1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 08:35 AM

That is great news!!! A step in the right direction. Well done!

Best wishes,

K xx

#6 laurainvt

laurainvt

• Moderators
  • 935 posts
  • Interests:dance, pilates, reading

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:21 PM

Vic-
I'm glad things are moving in the right direction! Thinking of you.
Laura
Vivelle dot .1 + femring .05
Prometrium  200 4x year
POF diagnosed at 23 but symptoms since my teens, now 30
Hypothyroid
Osteopenia

#7 vegasgrl13

vegasgrl13

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Vegas of course! <br><br>

Posted 18 July 2008 - 06:22 PM

Whoo Hooo good for you... question for anyone... I live in the US.  My husband and I want to get a house before we adopt.  We are looking to buy a house next year.  So I was thinking of doing the house thing then focusing on the adoption thing.  But if it takes that long should I start now?
Help!
Thanks for any advice and I am very happy for you and wish you the best of luck!
Erin

#8 MerlinZRW

MerlinZRW

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Games Club - Dungeons and Dragons, Monopoly, Etc., Reading

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:05 PM

Thanks a lot! Loads of tips!

Also visit my weblog - [url=http://ringsaker.hedmark.org/wiki/index.php/Improving_Your_House:_Ideas_To_Help_You_Allow_It_To_Be_Occur]Piscine bois cerland[/url]

#9 GinoPether

GinoPether

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 10:19 AM

Having a rum and Coke, for example, can pack a punch of over 21 carbs. The only food product I realized that the Chinese do not like is cheese, however yogurt is popular. Doing both those ideas will help you to lose probably the most weight inside shortest quantity of time.

My web blog - [url=http://En.Wikipedia.org/wiki/Weight_loss]significant weight loss after gallbladder surgery[/url]