9 replies to this topic

#1 katepolly1

katepolly1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 11:39 PM

Hi Girls,

Yes- I know I am not due for bloods until 2 more days, but these things are pretty accurate.

Oh well, least we tried.....grrrr.....would love for this to be "my turn"...

Best wishes to everyone else. Thanks for your support.

K

#2 scout

scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:Hiking, canoeing, SCUBA, family, reading, skiing, wine, food & nutrition, travel.

Posted 18 October 2008 - 03:14 PM

I'm sorry, Kate.  This is such sad news.  

Thinking of you.

Scout
Symptoms @ age 34 when I went off BCPs.
Married Jan 2007.  Dx EM/POF in April 2007 while TTC.
DE/IVF July 1/08 - now Mom to 2 yr old.

#3 katepolly1

katepolly1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 01:02 AM

I feel like I am  being punished over and over again for heavens knows what I've done to deserve all of this pain.

I feel like my self esteem is crumbling every time and I don't know why people say that things like this make you stronger and a better person- because I don't feel strong and I certainly don't feel better.

#4 laurainvt

laurainvt

• Moderators
  • 935 posts
  • Interests:dance, pilates, reading

Posted 20 October 2008 - 12:48 AM

Kate,
I'm really sorry. Take the time you need to recover from your disappointment. We're here for you.
Laura
Vivelle dot .1 + femring .05
Prometrium  200 4x year
POF diagnosed at 23 but symptoms since my teens, now 30
Hypothyroid
Osteopenia

#5 katepolly1

katepolly1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 11:30 AM

Thanks for your messages Laura and Scout. I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Got the call this afternoon- confirmed negative.

I used to read stories of this happening to people and say to myself, I really hope that doesn't happen to us- well, there you go.

We have 2 left to transfer if they survive the thaw. See what happens. I have a friend who is intersted in donating also, but that is a long road in itself.

I feel it i s heartbreak after heartbreak...I am still confident and hoping  that one day we will have a baby...

#6 scout

scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:Hiking, canoeing, SCUBA, family, reading, skiing, wine, food & nutrition, travel.

Posted 20 October 2008 - 04:31 PM

Again, Kate, I'm very sorry for all of the heartbreak & pain you're experiencing.  I wish it wasn't so.

You & your DH will have your family.  The waiting & the not knowing how or when this will happen for you is . . . . I don't even know what words to use to describe it . . . horrible? difficult? unfair?  Surely all of those things.  But do try to keep in mind that you will have your family.  Make it your mantra: I will have a family, I will have a family . . .

Take care of yourself & be sure to let yourself feel all of those awful feelings - the anger, sadness, frustration - it is part of your healing process.

Scout
Symptoms @ age 34 when I went off BCPs.
Married Jan 2007.  Dx EM/POF in April 2007 while TTC.
DE/IVF July 1/08 - now Mom to 2 yr old.

#7 Yvonnes69

Yvonnes69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 04:26 PM

Hi Kate,

Just logged on and seen your sad news. I am so very sorry and don't know what to say as I know how awful and painful all of this is. I really hope that one day you will have that baby and I wish you all the best. Please remember we are asll hear to listen and help whenever you need us.

Lots of love
Yvonne

#8 katepolly1

katepolly1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 11:37 PM

Hi Ladies,

Thanks again for replying. I am doing okay, had some good days and had some pretty ordinary rock bottom ones too.

Will try again for this last time with this donor's eggs in a couple of weeks. I am not holding out much hope, but will try to be as positive as possible.

I have a friend who is intersted in donating and is having first counselling session in a month. I guess it is a glimmer of hope, although the process is so long with no guarantees and the possibility of them changing their mind. But- it is still an opportunity, which is wonderful.

I am not going to bother with acupuncture this time around. I have spent a fortune already with no results..see what happens.

Love, Kate

#9 Bettifinn

Bettifinn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Interests:Diagnosed November of 2000.

Posted 10 November 2008 - 02:49 AM

I just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear your news, too. Take care of yourself... Love, Betti

#10 ronnie32

ronnie32

• Moderators
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 12:49 AM

Hi Kate

I'm sorry the transfer didn't work.

I too struggle with the idea that "character building" usually means having a tough time.

Give yourself time to deal with your pain - and I hope you're feeling more positive and better soon.

Ronnie
Diagnosed with POF just before turning 32.  Have used acupuncture and TCM.  I am taking various supplements including multi vitamin, calcium, zinc, flaxseed oil etc.  Following osteopenia diagnosis, started HRT on 10 March 05 - reluctantly.  I have a fab g/f & we have a lovely dog (lurcher) & a mischievous cat (tabby).  We have one son who keeps us on our toes.