• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Cornfused

Cornfused

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 01:32 AM

Anyone here have a problem with sweet cravings?  I swear that I used to not really be into sweets so much, but now it's crazy.  I crave something sweet everyday.  I am wondering if there is something I can do to try and stop it or at least tame it down a bit. Any suggestions?
<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Age 47
Probably POF since late 30's at least, but was on bcps for years so who knows!
Osteopenia
Currently on Climara .075 and Mirena for progesterone
Adopted a newborn in January, 2007!!
</span>

#2 redtoaster

redtoaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 01:20 AM

all day every day!!!!
If you know of anything to cure the craving, please let me know

#3 Cornfused

Cornfused

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 06:37 PM

If I come up with anything, I will surely post and let you know.  Of course, this time of the year, it will be impossible to try and cut out sweets!!!   :)
Osteopenia
</span>

#4 laurainvt

laurainvt

• Moderators
  • 935 posts
  • Interests:dance, pilates, reading

Posted 06 November 2008 - 11:03 PM

Hi Corn!
How's your little man? He must be so big!

I'm not really a sweets person, but I find once I eat candy or chocolate a few days in a row I start to think about it more and want it every day. To stop this I go cold turkey for a little bit and then the cravings go away again, and I go back to the occasional treat when I really feel like having something specific instead of a general, "must eat sugar EVERY day" feeling. It's tough love, but it works for me. My best friend is a huge chocolate lover, and her strategy is to eat a little of the really good stuff each day as a treat. She doesn't compromise on quality and as  a result, she is fulfilled by a few bites a day and doesn't crave tons of sugar, just more specific high quality dark chocolate. Would either of these strategies work for you?
Laura
Vivelle dot .1 + femring .05
Prometrium  200 4x year
POF diagnosed at 23 but symptoms since my teens, now 30
Hypothyroid
Osteopenia

#5 Cornfused

Cornfused

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 06:52 PM

Hi Laura,

Little man is just fine.  He is getting very big, almost two!!  He is saying a lot of words now and starting to put words together.  Very intertaining!  

Yes!  I have been successful on the cold turkey method and then just having a little something every once in a while.  I have started doing that the past few days and it seems to be working fine.  I just made up my mind to stop it.  I feel so much better too.  You would think that would be enough incentive.  I had gotten into the habit of getting cupakes and/or cinnamon rolls every time I went to the grocery.   :)  Having bad Gerd keeps me away from dark chocolate, but I just love those cupcakes!!!  

Thanks so much for your suggestions.  How are you doing?  Hope all is well.

Corn
Osteopenia
</span>

#6 prudence

prudence

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 05:36 AM

Hey Girls,
Ya know I never had a sweet tooth until I started HRT. Its even worse on BCP's for me. Bad cravings. So I keep a bowl of frozen grapes on hand and I also found some good recipes  in a raw food cookbook for brownies and cookies and even cupcakes. They mostly use nuts and dates and raw carob or coco powder. So its a little better for you than regular sweets and they are delicious. And more thing I like is the Lara bar in coconut cream pie, yum!

-prudence
prudence
age 41
symptoms started in my  late 20's.  diagnosed at 36
Have been on a number of HRT combinations,
Now on  continuous BCP