10 week update

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 niksmom03

niksmom03

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Figure skating and hocky skating coach, love kids, animals, music, books, movies, photographs, art, ballet, history, outdoors. I'm learning crafts lately at MOPS-kinda fun! And of course, dates with my husband, and loving on my son, the light of my life. Enjoy speaking to fellow POF'ers, EMenos, nice to know that I'm not alone in this when it gets hard to live with at times. <br><br>Thanks for being here, I appreciate you!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:03 AM

Just wanted to send a little update.  Things are going well, 10 weeks today.  Had another ultrasound.  Baby was moving and kicking around.  Measuring right on time.  I go to the regular OB next week.  

Gotta say, its really weird.  I've had POF for nearly ten years now.  For the last ten years pregnancy and me were being separated by my psyche, grieved it, let it go, thought it would never happen.  Now that I'm pregnant it seems very bizarre and unbelievable that its really happening to me.  Its always been "everyone else".      Does anyone relate to that?  

One complaint:  Some people are calling me Mama for the first time because I'm pregnant....I've been a Mama for 5 years!!!  Just because I adopted him and didn't carry him doesn't make me less of a Mama or more of one now!  AARRR!  It happened this weekend, and I said, "I'm already a Mama" as politely as I could muster. :huh:

I'll check in at the milestones....take care everyone!
Hugs, Kelly J.
Diagnosed 1999 @age 27, FSH 110
W/husband 15 years
Adopted our son @ birth 2003
In DE/IVF Process for Summer '08

#2 Dora

Dora

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 03:59 PM

Hi,

Totaly same thing with me when I was prego. And there are still days that I cannot believe that I am a mother. I remember too being done with the fertilty clinics and making that appt with the obgyn like a regular mother to be and going in as a prego woman, not just for the yearly pap. When my little girl says "mama", I still can't believe she is talking to me.

Sorry to hear that re. your son. Some people jsut don't get it. Some of our family, I know don't consider Tara my dghtr as she is DE. But I don't care. People are nuts.

Dora

diagnosed pof age 34, now age 43
DE girl Tara Lilian born January 21'06

#3 scout

scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:Hiking, canoeing, SCUBA, family, reading, skiing, wine, food & nutrition, travel.

Posted 30 October 2008 - 07:15 PM

Hi Kelly,

I can completely relate to your feelings of finding it hard to believe you are pregnant.  I still never say to people, I'm pregnant.  Somehow, the words just don't register in my simple brain.  Instead, I'll say, DH & I are expecting a baby.  I know it's just semantics, but it works better for me that way.

We've been for ultrasounds, I'm 20 wks today, we know the gender (a boy), & he's taken up kick-boxing as an all day activity, but I still have trouble with it registering for real.  

Good for you for being tactful with people calling you "Mama" for the first time.  If you're experience has been anything like mine, maybe all those years of having to smile & be tactful when people said insensitive things re: EM/POF helped.   :huh: Sounds like your kids are (& will be) very lucky to have you as a mom.

Hope the next 30 wks of your pregnancy go smoothly.  Thanks for the update!

Scout
Symptoms @ age 34 when I went off BCPs.
Married Jan 2007.  Dx EM/POF in April 2007 while TTC.
DE/IVF July 1/08 - now Mom to 2 yr old.

#4 niksmom03

niksmom03

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Figure skating and hocky skating coach, love kids, animals, music, books, movies, photographs, art, ballet, history, outdoors. I'm learning crafts lately at MOPS-kinda fun! And of course, dates with my husband, and loving on my son, the light of my life. Enjoy speaking to fellow POF'ers, EMenos, nice to know that I'm not alone in this when it gets hard to live with at times. <br><br>Thanks for being here, I appreciate you!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:43 AM

Dora,
So nice to here that someone relates to this bizarre feeling!  And I think you are making a wise choice when it comes to your girlfriend.  Sounds like some sad downhill sliding is going on.  So hard to watch, eh?

Scout,
A boy!  Its great!  Drink your coffee girlfriend, they don't stop moving!  Sounds like yours is already letting you know that!  Glad everything is a-ok for you and baby.  And again, nice to know I'm not alone in this bizarre feeling.

Looks like my progesterone was too low, so I'm back on the nasty suppositories (causes hives on me in weird places).  I was so happy to quit them.  But, ya gotta do what ya gotta do!  

Take care ladies!  I'll be in touch later,
Kelly J   :huh:
Diagnosed 1999 @age 27, FSH 110
W/husband 15 years
Adopted our son @ birth 2003
In DE/IVF Process for Summer '08

#5 katepolly1

katepolly1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 08:32 AM

Hi Kelly,

Great to hear your news and that you are going well. As for the "mama" comments and what Dora said others have indicated to her, well- grr! Yes, some folks are just twits and you are better off leavivng them alone I say!

Good on you for standing forth as it is so hard sometimes. I am constantly asked when I am going to have kids- so it sounds like a neverending circle even when you are pg!

Scout- glad you are well and wow, a boy. Wonderful.

Take care,

KP x

#6 ronnie32

ronnie32

• Moderators
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 02:29 AM

Hello

Many congratulations  :)  .  How wonderful to be at the 10 week mark with everything on track.

On the 'mama' comments, that sucks.  You have been and are a wonderful mother already - and your dear son is going to be a fabulous big brother!

Love to all

Ronnie
Diagnosed with POF just before turning 32.  Have used acupuncture and TCM.  I am taking various supplements including multi vitamin, calcium, zinc, flaxseed oil etc.  Following osteopenia diagnosis, started HRT on 10 March 05 - reluctantly.  I have a fab g/f & we have a lovely dog (lurcher) & a mischievous cat (tabby).  We have one son who keeps us on our toes.