• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sarans

sarans

• Admin
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:54 PM

Welcome to the new Early Menopause.com!

I am writing this message a few days in advance of the reopening of the EarlyMenopause.com community with many new features.

This is a site SPECIFICALLY designed for women who are going through (or have gone through) FULL menopause prior to age 45 or those with POF -- premature ovarian failure -- no periods and post-menopausal hormone levels before age 40.

There are numerous sites and support groups for women going through menopause at the "normal" age -- i.e. those who begin perimenopause in their 40s or those who are post-meno from age 45 on, but few places for younger women dealing with hormonal havoc to find support and kinship.

Thus, this site, Early Menopause.com

We do, however, have support staff who can lend a hand to all women, early or just 'on time', and many of our resources will be of help to anyone tackling menopause.

The moderators and I hope that you find this community (and it IS a community) to be a very useful source of information and peer support). Our rules are simple and are designed to protect the women who rely on EM.com for help.

We operate a zero tolerance policy toward spam and we also reserve the right to ban anyone using threatening, foul or unpleasant language on the boards/diary or chat features.

Any abuses can be reported to me direct via PM, and our moderators will also be active on the forums to ensure they're a great place to come for conversation, sharing and learning.

Thanks!
Sara

#2 GillianP78

GillianP78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:49 AM

Hello Sara,
I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself, but firstly to say how thankful I am to have come across your site this evening.
My name is Gillian and I'm 34yrs, I live in Devon with my fiance and our two little girls age 5 and 2yrs.
My story is quite a long one so I'll try and keep it as short as I can....... In February of this year I had to have a hysterectomy, it wasn't something I really expected……so from the beginning I'll start, 2yrs ago my youngest daughter was born via c-section because she was breech, unbeknowing to me at the time, the surgeon cut through the main ligaments that hold everything in place, I suffered a lot of pain and heavy bleeding in the following months after she was born, I had a scan to check that no placenta was left behind and there wasn't but it was noted that my uterus appeared to be folded forward, anyway my gp sent me to see the gynae at the hospital and they said my symptoms were normal following a c-section and the pain would be scar tissue, they insisted on putting a mirena coil in to help with the bleeding, if anything the coil made matters far worse not better, I was told to keep with it for at least 3months and then if there was no improvement they would remove it, I went back to my gp after 3months complaining of terrible pain and felt something wasn't right and an awful heavy dragging pain down below, my gp agreed go remove and would do an examination as well, my gp discovered I had a bad prolapsed uterus and bladder and sent me to see the gynae again, the gynae had no time for me and told me that it was impossible for me to have a prolapse at my age and that was I was complaining of was one of those things of being a woman and that's what you get for having children!! he didn't even examine me and I was rushed out the door, I went back to my gp very upset, he was furious and got a 2nd opinion at a hospital further away, I had that appt last December and they confirmed my gp's diagnosis, I was booked for urgent surgery for a prolapse repair…… on the morning of surgery the consultant came to see me before the op, I was told that there was a slight chance I'd need a hysterectomy but she would try to avoid doing it because of my age and the op would hopefully be straight forward...... When I woke up I had had the prolapse repair but also the hysterectomy, the desent of my uterus was so bad there was nothing she could do, they discovered that the ligaments had been severed, I lost a lot of blood and was given 2 blood transfusions...... My ovaries we conserved.
Anyway the problem I now have that after having hot flushes etc my gp run some blood tests and have found my oestrogen levels are very low and my LSH and FSH are out of balance, he said it appears that one of my ovaries is failing and after careful consideration has now put me on Hrt: Kliovance, he will test my blood again in 3months.
Basically the reason for my post is to be able to get some advice on all this and to be able to talk about it, although I have great support from my fiance and family I feel very alone coping with it all,..... is anyone on the same tablets I am on and if so how do you find them, I've been on them for 1week and still having hot flushes several times a day, are there any side effects I should be aware of? (what they don't put on the leaflet).
I thank you in advance for any support on this matter and for your time too :)  Gillian x

#3 jainee123

jainee123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:50 PM

Welcome back EM.com- I have really missed this website as I have gained sooo much from it - its been 4 long years and I hope all the wonderful ladies that were here will come back............good luck Jainee

#4 lisakmusco

lisakmusco

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Interests:sports (esp. racing, football, hockey), crafts, computers, reading

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:48 AM

I too am glad to see this site and boards back in operation.  I've missed some of the friends I had made here and on pofsupport's message boards as well.  So many times in recent years I have longed for you gals to talk to.  I hope more of "us" are back here as well.
-----------------
Lisa
Boynton Beach, FL
* I'm 33
* Was dx POF in 1999, after last period in Dec. '98 and going off BCP's that month..
* left ovary/tube removed 3/2000 (cystic mass).
* Married 5 years,
* No kids, at least not human ones (LOL).  Animal kids are:  3 cats (Jasmine, George, Sonny), 1 exotic bird(cockatoo - BeeBop), and an aquarium full of fish.
* Finally began HRT  8/01 -- 1.25 mg Cenestin daily (started on .625 and upped to the 1.25 after 3 mos.), and 200 mg prometrium days 1-12.