• Please log in to reply
465 replies to this topic

#61 Larkmeadkid42

Larkmeadkid42

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 11:44 AM

Began to experience symptoms of perimenopause after the birth of my second child at age 35. Experienced irregular periods at 38 continuing to present(now 42. Don't respond well to BCP (mainly migraines) and am afraid of any other HRT. My doctor says that I may be in peri for another ten years, but recently went 6 months without a period--and I felt good. Had a period about a month ago and have felt crummy ever since--fatigue, night sweats, forgetfulness, depression. I think that when I completely stop having periods it will be the best thing that ever happened to me.

#62 jackiem11

jackiem11

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:sport

Posted 19 May 2003 - 09:00 PM

hi all i was diagnosed at 35 no reasons just my hormones went wacky then flushing, jackie

#63 sand

sand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:computing

Posted 19 May 2003 - 09:09 PM

Surgical meno at 29yrs now 33yrs

#64 Bearnsy

Bearnsy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 09:43 PM

Diagnosed at 37 no known reason.

Ann

#65 reentim

reentim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:walking/yoga/reading

Posted 20 May 2003 - 11:29 PM

POF 23  (diagnosed age 29) -- perimenopausal starting at 18

#66 mac

mac

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 May 2003 - 07:21 PM

Diagnosed when I was 20, and am now 22. Ahhh doesn't time fly...

Mac

#67 Nickol

Nickol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 May 2003 - 01:16 AM

Went into menopause at 28 for about a year secondary to radiation therapy to abdomen for Non Hodgekin's Lymphoma.

Perimenopause resurfaced with a vengence at about age 35 or 36. (most likely even sooner but I didn't understand what it was.)

I'm now 42 and it's really a non stop health management pain in the neck!

#68 Ritalein

Ritalein

• Moderators
  • 5,137 posts

Posted 23 May 2003 - 01:22 AM

Officially diagnosed at age 16 with primary amenhorrea (never had a natural period or started puberty) and have been on bcps/hrt almost ever since. I'm now 46! What a life!!!

Rita (Australia)

#69 mimmmo

mimmmo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 23 May 2003 - 11:19 AM

Officialy diagnosed at 36, but thinking back symptoms started at 32 and now i'm 39 years old. No known cause.

#70 mlw

mlw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • Interests:epilepsy/early menopause

Posted 23 May 2003 - 03:28 PM

hey,

growing up i NEVER i mean NEVER had ANY periods.i was correction i am abnormal.anyway i started having hot flashs when i was still in high school and boy i had seizure after seizure after seizure just about everyday  [url]http://www.earlymenopause.com/ubb/frown.gifluckly[/url] i got warnings so if i started feeling dizzy i'd run as fast as i could to the health room then BAM i start seizing.i never want to turn back time to my teen years they were a nightmare.

i was dx at 19 or 20 i think it was 20 cause i don't remember being in school when i was dx.course i don't remember anything my memory sux.i am 23 now.the cause well the gyn couldn't find a cause (story of my life)i don't have a cause for my epilepsy or early menopause,my life is a mystery.now my mom and i both beleive that one of my aeds is the cause (anti-epilepsy-drugs)here is why.1)i was born with epilepsy,so i have been taking meds for 23 years now.2)as i said before growing up i never had a period.the med i think that caused this is lamictal.it screams early menopause,the gyn said that my aeds didn't cause early menopause well i say that's BS.BUT there are alot of causes for early menopause so i could be wrong.but i doubt that i am.take care [url]http://www.earlymenopause.com/ubb/smile.gif[/url]
sleepless ms.peanutt  [url]http://www.earlymenopause.com/ubb/tongue.gif[/url]

[This message has been edited by mlw (edited 05-23-2003).]

#71 Michelle Ramsey

Michelle Ramsey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:making web pages/ internet

Posted 24 May 2003 - 02:49 AM

5-23-03
Just found out today I am in full menopause at age 41. Started getting hot flashes a few years ago and just over the past 9 months or so my periods stopped. Was talking to some of you guys a couple of weeks ago in the chat room ; I will stop back in and say hi again.

#72 krisC

krisC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • Interests:My Kids- Im finally back in school

Posted 24 May 2003 - 02:36 PM

i was 17ish  but had had symptoms since i was about 14, after 4 years of regular periods.

.Kristi

#73 Natalie

Natalie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Yoga, Sport, Motorbikes

Posted 25 May 2003 - 10:04 PM

Hi,

Diagnosed this year - age 37 - but have been having problems since my second child was born 3 months premature almost 9 years ago.

------------------
37 and riding this female change as nature intended with sport, vits, oils etc ...

#74 minisophie

minisophie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:keep fit

Posted 27 May 2003 - 08:59 PM

Hi Sophie here!
Sorry for late reply. been really depressed!
Age 29  Diagnosed March 2003

#75 Freeat41

Freeat41

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 28 May 2003 - 03:08 AM

Hi Ladies:

(I am glad to be back on line after disconnecting computer 2 weeks ago to move!)

I was diagnosed in 2002 when I turned 41, after my periods had stopped for over 3 months...found out at that time that my mom had stopped around age 42.  

I had been seeing an RE since 1999, my hormones were fluctuating but I was ovulating sometimes with low estrogen levels. RE put me on synthroid, but I was not diagnosed with a particular thyroid disorder until recently (I have hashimoto's thyroiditis). Since I was ovulating she was hopeful I would conceive. BUT my hot flashes started about 9 years ago, along with an initial bout of symptoms. They subsided, but then came back and hot especially bad starting in 2000, with joint and back pain, less regular periods, nausea, and a lot of other stuff on the list, and I didn't get pregnant. So it looks like I have been in peri for quite some time (all through my 30's), and now each period could be my last.

Not sure if it has to do with my auto-immune thyroid problem, but it's likely since my mom had the same thing and that may be why she went through it early.

MetaFreeat41

#76 Louise

Louise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 28 May 2003 - 04:31 AM

I was diagnosed post-menopausal at age 26! Lucky me...

#77 Riley

Riley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Fitness, Karate, Music, Reading

Posted 29 May 2003 - 12:14 PM

Not diagnosed yet, but expect to be.  I'm 36.  I've had mild peri-meno symptoms for about 6 years.  No period for four months.

#78 HoneyBear23

HoneyBear23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 04:39 AM

I was 22 y/o and had NO warning about it what so ever. My labs were way post meno.  [url]http://www.earlymenopause.com/ubb/frown.gif[/url] And only had missed one period and had symptoms for the month that I missed my period and the following month I was dx'ed with POF.

I am 25 now. They couldn't find any medical cause for it.

------------------
* 25 yrs old, SO is 34 yrs old
* DX w/POF @ 22 yrs old~no known cause.
*Estrace 1.5mg & Prometrium 100mg continuous for now.
*No kids of my own. Very devastated!

#79 JaneW

JaneW

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, biking, exercise, international travel

Posted 30 May 2003 - 09:43 PM

Perimenopause started at age 39-40 and now
getting irregular periods at age 45.

#80 plainjane

plainjane

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 01:22 PM

diagnosed at 38, symptomatic since about 35.

j