8 replies to this topic

#1 Cornfused

Cornfused

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 01:01 PM

Hello ALL,

We have been home for a while with our little miracle and he is growing like crazy.  He is two months and one week old.  We are just having the best time with him and can't wait for things to be finalized.  That should happen in the next few months...hopefully.  Thanks for all the words of encouragement.  The adoption journey is such an amazing experience.  We were very moved by the whole process and so lucky to be a part of his delivery.  He is lying here beside me just waking from a short nap and doing just beautifully.

Thanks.
Corn
<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Age 47
Probably POF since late 30's at least, but was on bcps for years so who knows!
Osteopenia
Currently on Climara .075 and Mirena for progesterone
Adopted a newborn in January, 2007!!
</span>

#2 ronnie32

ronnie32

• Moderators
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 04:15 PM

How gorgeous!  I'm so pleased for you and your little baby.  

Two months and one week old - I could just give him a big kiss!

Here's to you and the family ... and plenty of sleep!

Ronnie  :)

(who has somehow got a little carried away with exclamation marks!!!)
Diagnosed with POF just before turning 32.  Have used acupuncture and TCM.  I am taking various supplements including multi vitamin, calcium, zinc, flaxseed oil etc.  Following osteopenia diagnosis, started HRT on 10 March 05 - reluctantly.  I have a fab g/f & we have a lovely dog (lurcher) & a mischievous cat (tabby).  We have one son who keeps us on our toes.

#3 Emilie

Emilie

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 05:39 AM

How wonderful to hear from you, Corn!  I can picture the scene:  Tired, yet ecstatic Mom watching tiny baby wake and stretch!  Beautiful!  I hope the adoption is finalized quickly, and you can totally "settle in" as a family!  The adoption journey is an amazing experience - my mom tells me that all the time!  My parents adopted four kids to create our family!  She loves to tell me about the day they went to pick me up.  As they were walking down the sidewalk, my brothers grabbed an elderly nun by the skirts of her habit and spun her around yelling, "We're getting a baby sister!!"  LOLOL!!

Anyway, I hope your little man continues to thrive like crazy with your love and care!  (How couldn't he!?!?)  Congratulations again on your new family!

Em   :)
Emilie, 42; dx POF at 36 (on our 7-month wedding anniversary--Valentine's Day 2002--how rude!) My RE said that based on "obvious" (to HIM!) symptoms, he would have diagnosed me at least ten years earlier!
--DE IVF 4/03; my youngest sister was our donor.  Lily Rose was born on 4 January 2004

If I didn't have a major sense of humor, I'd be dead by now...

#4 sarahw

sarahw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 12:10 AM

Lovely to hear your update!!  Enjoy!!!  They don't stay babies very long at all so savour every moment!!
Sarah

#5 del

del

• Moderators
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 04:22 PM

Great to hear from you Corn!  I'm so glad that everything has worked out so wonderfully for you.  Don't be a stranger -- keep the updates coming.

Enjoy your precious angel!

Del
Diagnosed POF at age 36 -- actually, I diagnosed myself thanks to Kathy's book!!  Married with two kids (one adopted from Russia).  Current hrt regimen Vivelle Dot 1 mg and Prometrium 100 mg. per day. History of hashimotos (thyroid) and some other autoimmune stuff.

#6 jacinta

jacinta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 07:54 AM

Congrats!!!!

Jacinta

#7 Cornfused

Cornfused

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:31 PM

Thank you all so much.  It is just a wonderful experience!!!
Osteopenia
</span>

#8 chris3148

chris3148

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 06:24 PM

Congrats!!!  I can't believe it's been that long already...where does the time go?  Any updated pics for us????

Much love, :wub:
Chris
35y, Married 13y
Dx w/POF August 2003 (FSH 191) after 2y TTC
3 chemical pg.
Vivelle Dot .1mg continually, Provera 10mg. days 1-12

Proud mommy to Emmalee Vera (5 years old) and Alexis Elena (3 years old) adopted from Novosibirsk, Siberia, Russia on March 13, 2006!

#9 Cornfused

Cornfused

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 01:32 PM

I am so sorry to be so long in posting and answering.  I should get a little better about it now.  I do have pictures, but not a clue as to how to post them.  I will research the process and rules and try and get some up soon.  Thanks so much!!!!
Osteopenia
</span>