What information do we collect?
• We collect personal information when you register on the website forum; fill out a contact form; comment on an article; subscribe to our email newsletter; write a product review; or participate in a community survey or event.
• In the registration process (required for community participation) we ask you for your name and email address. We also reserve the right to request a mailing address and/or phone number in the registration process. You are entitled, however, to visit and register for the site anonymously if you so wish (including using the forum with a username/photograph that don’t personally identify you).
• We make use of “cookies” to personalize your experience on our site (for example by retaining your preferences and login details for more efficient access).
• We make use of various third-party services on our website, including Google Analytics and commenting platform Disqus. Analytics is a tool used to analyze the traffic to our site and to gain an understanding of our visitors. You may inform Google of your preferences regarding these cookies by going directly to your account at Google.com. Disqus may set cookies to recognize your account for faster commenting across different websites that you visit.
• We have also integrated social media buttons and widgets which may collect information about your use of the site.
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
• Clear, enable, and manage cookies (Chrome)
• Enable and disable cookies (Firefox)
Please note that we sometimes use third party tools to deliver advertising, multimedia and occasionally other features. If you click to watch an embedded video on our site, YouTube may place a cookie or “flash cookie” in order to better serve your needs. We make every reasonable effort to avoid third parties who fail to abide by our own strict standards on privacy.
Advertising partner DoubleClick (owned by Google) places a cookie on your computer as you browse the web to deliver adverts specific to your interests on different sites. This cookie does not, however, track the user’s personal information such as name, email address, physical address or telephone number.
What we use your information for
• We use the information we collect to help enhance and improve your experience on our site. “Cookies” enhance efficiency and facilitate faster logins. They also allow us to deliver the type of content most useful to you.
• The email address you provide when leaving a comment or review; signing up to use our forum; or using our contact form may be used to send you information, reply to queries, and/or other requests or questions.
• If you subscribe to our newsletter you will receive periodic emails from EarlyMenopause.com. We store your email address only as long as you remain subscribed. If you do wish to opt out of the email list you are asked to click the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of every email that is delivered to your email address. If you click and unsubscribe, we will no longer contact you. Please note: we never share your email address with anyone.
How we safeguard your personal information
We take various steps to maintain the security of your personal information to the best of our ability. Any personal information we gather is contained behind secured networks. Access to any such data is granted to only a limited number of persons. These individuals are required to keep your information confidential.
Do we share or disclose your information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term “outside parties” does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Terms and Conditions
In the event that you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, then please contact the site manager using the appropriate form on our contact page.
This page was last updated on June 23rd, 2016.
© 1999-2016 EarlyMenopause.com. All rights reserved.